"MONKEYS ON A TRIP"
Gianni Rodari's fable
One day the zoo monkeys decided to make an educational trip. they walked
and walked, then they stopped and one asked:
- What do you see?
- The lion's cage, the seals' pool and the giraffe's house.
- What a big world, and how instructive is travelling.
They started again their journey and stopped only at midday.
- What can you see now?
- The giraffe's house, the seals' pool and the lion's cage.
- What a strange world and how instructive is travelling.
They started travelling again and stopped at the sunset.
- What is to be seen?
- The lion's cage, the giraffe's house and the seals' pool.
- What a boring world: you always see the same things. And travelling is no use at all.
Of course!: they travelled and travelled, but they had not got out of their cage and did nothing but going round and round as the horses in a merry-go-round.